Ok class, who knows what the word, chicane (phonetically: sha-cane) , means?
During the NASCAR Cup Watkins Glen race I kept hearing the word chicane, chicane, chicane. What the hell (WTH) does it mean? I wasn't even sure how to spell it, but I managed when searching on http://www.dogpile.com/.
Once I got the spelling down, I checked out http://www.merriam-webster.com/.
Main Entry:
Function: noun
Date: 1686
1 : chicanery
2 a : an obstacle on a racecourse b : a series of tight turns in opposite directions in an otherwise straight stretch of a road-racing course
3 : the absence of trumps in a hand of cards
Alright now I know what to call that median I want to curse out every time I go to Walmart on Abrams/Forest that makes turning into the parking lot a pain.
Who still thinks NASCAR is for rednecks?
Okay, okay, put your hands down.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment