Saturday, November 14, 2009

How I Spent This Vacation

We had a blast at our 7 day Walt Disney World in FL vacation!

We stayed at Disney's All Star Movies resort, but preferred All Star Music. Luckily we figured out we were closer to the Music Food Court/Park Buses than Movies from our room.

I used to work with Thinh at RPDE. She treated me to dinner Friday night, my first night in town. I wanted to visit with her before I got all wore out from the parks. It was good to see her in person; first time since I left FL in Aug 2001.

5 days at 4 parks. Sunday (Magic Kingdom) and Monday (Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios) we were out for about 12 hours each day. Boy, our dogs sure were barking. Tuesday we thought it was going to rain so we kind of just hung out at the resort and stuff. I hung out by the pool and read a book. Sophia did some swimming with Suzi (one of her paternal aunts). Wednesday was EPCOT day. Thursday we went to Hollywood Studios again. Friday we went to Magic Kingdom (crowded!) and then EPCOT.

EPCOT is still my favorite, but sure did enjoy Hollywood Studios more this time than before. I think that was because we had time to check it out. We did American Idol Experience. I resisted since I don't watch the show, but had fun. Of the seven contestants, I voted for Shae Natalizio (and she won) to go on to an American Idol audition. Not sure I spelled her name right. That woman can sing, such a rich voice.

The weather was great all days except chilly on Thursday, but we persevered.

So nice to have Saturday AND Sunday to recoup before going back to work Monday. Sunday will be NASCAR and clothes washing day. Oh, I did take one picture in our room. Sure was nice not carrying a camera.






No comments: