Along with me being lactose intolerant and I have been very laxed in taking my cal/mag/vit d I got my butt in gear to get a real bone density test.
Mom was right, the bone density test the doc orders is painless, you leave your clothes on, and it takes about 10 minutes. You lay on a table and this big arm is over the table and it moves when it scans you.
The doc can order spine only or hip and spine. I got hip and spine. My doc said it would be good to go ahead and at least get a baseline. Usually they take a baseline at age 50+, but I wanted to be pro-active on this. Think it's about $250 and my insurance covered it.
Today I got the results from my bone density test I took last week. I passed!! Actually I think the nurse said I was in the green. YAY...
Here's the cal/mag/vit d I like because it makes my fingernail tips really white. I get it at Vitamin Shoppe store down the street. One tablet after breakfast and one after din-din.
For calcium you're suppose to get it in citrate form, but this one has citrate and carbonate. After trying some other brands that are just citrate my fingernails didn't look as good. And it's hard to find a supplement where you just take two tabs a day, some are 6 tabs a day, yikes!
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=TL-2296
Be sure if you take a multi-vit with iron take it at lunch. Co-worker reminded me, iron messes with the absorption of calcium.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment