Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's a Ba-ba-hemoth!

Patti and I, representing NASCAR fans, well she wore her Kurt Busch tee and I was bad and didn't wear a Carl Edwards tee, made it to Cowboys Stadium in Arlington today for the first tour of the day at 9:30a.m. We wanted to go while it's still pristine, plus there was a break in the weather, and there is no NASCAR cup race this weekend.
Tour guide said Cowboys will play their first game there Aug 21. There was a youngish woman in our group with a toddler (sigh) which of course he was acting as a toddler does, but the youngish mom seemed to keep trying to be up front in the group which made it hard to hear. At one point the Tour Guide shot her "the look", THANK YOU, TOUR GUIDE!!!
For some reason I thought it was all completed in June when the Jonas Brothers came in concert, but they're still working on some of the insides.

Wish they had a fact sheet on-line so I could post that. It is the largest enclosed stadium in the world. They set a Guinness World Record with the most tvs at 3000? It goes on and on, pretty cool. Weather was a little hazy in the distance facing Dallas, but our tour guide pointed out Texas Stadium in Irving TX, home of the Dallas Cowboys from 1971-2008. One more tidbit - my dad went to the first ever Dallas Cowboys game at the Cotton Bowl back in 19 and 60 where Cowboy games were played until Texas Stadium was built.

Tomorrow there is a 2009 Gold Cup soccer game at the stadium so the last tour for this weekend leaves at 11:30a.m today. From the other tours that started after us like we had the smallest one, yay. Yesterday a co-worker told me that tomorrow is a Ranger's game, also. So people will be watching to see how all this turns out with parking, traffic, etc since Cowboys Stadium and Ballpark in Arlington are very close together, and I think even share some parking. Glad I won't be there.

my slide show. once in it, hit F11 to go full screen.: http://picasaweb.google.com/thomtxt/CowboysStadiumTourJul18?authkey=Gv1sRgCKKCqJv8lP-HTQ#slideshow/5359868745040974818

construction photos from my blog entry in March of 2008: http://picasaweb.google.com/thomtxt/DallasCowboysStadiumConstructionMar23?authkey=Gv1sRgCMDy0o7Jp4DzTw#slideshow/5181111896316726082


Some more info I found:
http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/past/CottonBowl.htm

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/nfc/CowboysStadium.htm


Cowboys Stadium video tour: http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/multimedia.cfm

Cowboys Stadium tour info: http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/tours/tourInfo.cfm

No comments: