Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday, Carl!

Today is my NASCAR driver #99 , Carl Edwards', 30th Birthday.
On Facebook I shared with him "Hey Old Fart, Happy 30th Birthday!!!". Had my Saturday coffee in my last year's sponsor #99 mug. http://www.carledwards.com/

Coincidentally saw a post on Moonlady News for Gay Bingo in Oak Lawn.
http://www.rcdallas.org/index.php?q=node/18
http://www.gaybingo.com/dallas_sched.asp
The event is one Saturday evening a month 10 times a year. Guess What, for August the event is tonight and the theme is, are you ready, Pit Stop!! LOL
I called Lawanna and we're suppose to go representin the heteros. I will be decked out in my NASCAR gear, at least a Carl tee. I tried to order tickets on-line, but they're website was not secure. I contacted them.
***
So we stood in line for almost an hour and a half waiting for all the pre-buys to get in. It was overwhelming at first because they do some small, but fancy bingos. But we had 2 great volunteers helping us out and we got the hang of things. I wore my Carl tee that he signed, Lawanna wore my "Get Back to Dirt" tee. Other than that I think I saw 1-2 NASCAR tees. No one really dressed up. So we said we would go back again sometime, but it would have to be with pre-buy tickets which are $25. 10 bingo games are for prizes of $100 each, 5 games are for prizes of $250 each. They also had a raffle ($1 tickets) where the winner gets 1/2 of the money collected for the raffle. Ended up the guy at the table next to us won $1500 and he donated it back to the cause, I forget what the cause was exactly. The event was from 6pm-9pm.

No comments: