Tonight the cashier at Tom Thumb carded me, not because I didn't look 21, but because I didn't look 30. I thought she was kidding at first, uh, but she wasn't and I wanted my 6-pack of Bud....
I had no makeup on, not even mascara, kinda status quo. Now I did wear my short sleeve pullover knit shirt that has slim horizontal stripes in black (dominant color) , white, tan, and red. I also have 2 more in red and purple, cuz I feel like a kid when I wear them.
So maybe that helped, that, and she appeared to be late teens so I probably looked old at "30".
Afterwards, when the ID was going back into my wallet I whispered to her that I am 47...
It came to me later, it's like a car accident, people may or may not believe the accident (the forensic people will figure it out) so I should have asked the guy behind me to be my witness. I looked at some of his purchase and he should be considered credible. He had a lot of stuff, but right up front was Cheerios and two cases of Shiner Bock each a different kind of Shiner.
This Bud's for you!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment