Saturday, August 22, 2009

Pat's 80th Birthday Party

You've probably heard me talk about my friend, Pat. I met her almost 8 years ago through another friend. This woman is so active it's hard to catch her at home, seriously.

Well, tonight was her 80th birthday party. Her actual birthday is Aug 30. In lieu of gifts we always donate school supplies in Pat's honor to her DISD art teacher friend. I bought 10 boxes of washable Kid's Paint. Within each box is 10 different colors in plastic jars.

I love party favors, it's the kid in me. Pat is a Feng Shui consultant so she gave out these little organza bags with 3 I-Ching coins wrapped together with red ribbon. The quotation that came with my bag said: "Blessed are the flexible, for they shall never be bent out of shape."
Love it.

Pat, you sure make 80 look good!


Also, last night I learned, Linda, the lady I met Pat through, went to the same high school as me. She was in the inaugural graduating class of 1965. Funny, neither one of us knew we went to the same high school, until last night.









No comments: